Saturday, October 18, 2014

Trying something new!!!

So this weekend I decided to try something new. There are a couple of companies I have wanted to work with for awhile now but I have been focusing on my DT work for Tiddly Inks but this weekend I decided to make something and throw my hat in the ring try something new and just go for it.  First off  a call to my LSS to try and order me some  adorable C.C. Design stamps... fingers crossed they will come very soon so I can play. Then I had spotted these adorable and unique  Ppinky Dolls Stamps on the Kit and Clowder Facebook site and was intrigued. They were not like any of the other images I usually I have used (and they are digital so instant gratification) ..but they were so beautiful and innocent I was hooked! I decided to grab a couple from their Esty store and play.  First up is the is little girl with owl ..if you want your own you can purchase it HERE.



She is colored with Copic Makers (colors listed below) on Curious Mettalics Cryogen White Paper using my good old Kodak Inkjet.  I printed her at a slightly lighter adjustment than she comes to create a semi no line effect.   The background has been lightly smudged in color with my light lavender water color crayon to create some shadow.




The Papers used are all Prima  Epiphany paper line using there 4 by 6 and ATC paper pads as well as using sheets of Clear as Day and Manifestation of Love. All papers were then mounted on Curious Mettalics White Gold Card stock.  The Doilies and Medallion shape were both cut with my Silhouette Cameo using die files  "Quatrefoil Nested" and "Fancy Note Card" .  The lace is vintage , the sea foam tassel trim is by Prima as are the resin butterflies and the rhinestone semi circles. The flowers are white flowers purchased from I am Roses which I lightly dyed using  Lindy's Stamp Gang "Chateau Rose" Flat Shot diluted with water.  The golden steam flowers are actually vintage flowers recovered from the wedding arrangements at my own wedding 12 years ago. Just because the arrangements did not survive our moves didn't meant the flowers didn't and it means a little piece of that happy days gets sent of with every card I use them on! The rhinestone embellishments are just a few leftovers from my disappearing Bling box.... I better get it refilled soon!   Anyone have any good suggestions on finding bulk bling in North America??? if so please share!!





Colors used: 
Skin: E000, E00, E04, E21, E11, R20, R32
Owl: E50, E42, E33, E35, Y02, YR15,
Dress: BG10, BG01, BG15,  BV00, BV02,
Eyes: G40, G21, G43, G07, 
Hair: RV00, RV02, RV04, RV06,
Highlights: C0, C3, C4, C6 




I hope you liked taking this new adventure with me. Please leave me your feedback . I will be coloring up a few more of these as well as my Tiddly Inks this weekend so stay tuned for some more new creations coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful. Fabulous colouring and incredible crafting. Love the layout and attention to detail.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you in our FB group and wanted to come over and join as a follower. don't you just love these images and love the hair....cheers, aNNie
    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete