Thursday, October 30, 2014

Thinking spring on a gloomy day!

So today was the typical fall gloomy cold day in my neck of the woods. So decided I want to color something "Springy" bright and colorful to cheer me up.  Ppinkydolls Swan Girl was sitting printed out on my desk so it seemed only right I color her up. I decided to steer away from the traditional and go for bright hair and clothes.




The image is printed on Curious Mettalics Cryogen White cardstock usng my Kodak Inkjet printer. I lightened the lines to create a semi no line coloring effect. I am not quite ready for a full no line coloring image yet.  The patterned paper are some leftover Fabscaps sheets and the Cardstock I believe is an older Bazzil card stock. ( Its from my pile of color card stocks ...which I didn't label....opps). The Diecuts were all done using my Silhouette Cameo.  


She is colored with Copics.  And the flowers were hand dyed using Lindy's Stamp Gang Color Shots Under the Boardwalk Set. I did use a bit of water color pencil to create a soft purple glow around her but its very faint so may be tough to see. 

Copic Colors used:
Skin: E000, E00, E04, E11, E21, R32
Hair: RV52, RV55, RV66,RV69 R20, C2
Swan/Crown: E50, E42, Y15,Y32, Y02, Y35, Y38, YR15, YR31
Clothes:G40, G43, G21, C0, C2, C3, BG05, BG07, BG09





The lace and cheesecloth used is from my leftover lace stash. The flowers are my usual white I am Roses . But the small green stems are actually from a huge Christmas Wreath Floral I grabbed and Michaelswhich I have been trimming off small twigs and using.  100's of floral embellishments from a 9 dollar floral...awesome right!!! The pins are just pearl ended floral pins and the small rhinestones are Hot Fix 2mm rhinestones. I also accented her eyes with a bit of Glossy Accents to create a sheen.


1 comment:

  1. hello, we have a typical fall gloomy cold day in Denmark too.. think winter is comming. although we are promised sun and 17 warm on saturday ??? well just wanted to tell you i LOVE your gorgeous colouring. i just discovered pink today so i bought one.. will show tommorrow. do have a nice evening in spite of all..
    greetings from denmark
    Dorte

    ReplyDelete